Thursday 23 December 2010

Sammy The Elf The Final Part 24th December 2010

Today was the big day and when I say big I mean BIG. Its Christmas Eve and after all the kissing and cuddling and more kissing and cuddling from Mum last night its time to get ready. It was great to see them all again, Laura and Grace where there as well. Frank and Ellie made sure we had a huge meal, shepherds pie, fish and chips, roast dinner, followed by ice cream and jelly. The table was massive. We all tucked into it and then everyone sat around as we told them about what had happened to us on the way here.

Mum shed a few more tears, Dad and Grandad kept patting us on the back and saying how well we had done. After a very long night we were carried to our beds sound asleep. I dreamt happy dreams for the first time in a long time. I dreamed of all the toys I was going to make and all the fun I was going to have. I dreamt that I wouldn't let Frank down and would make him proud of me after all he had done for me, Tommy and Jack. I couldn't wait to start my new job, but there was one more surprise waiting for me so I drifted of into a deep sleep.

I got dressed very quickly in the morning and ran downstairs shouting my goodbyes as I went. I raced out the door and found a huge crowd of Elf's and Leprechauns standing by the big Christmas tree in the middle of the village. As I pushed my way through the crowd I could see it getting closer and closer. It was the biggest sledge I had ever seen. Deep green in colour, with golden swirls around the edges, at the back were red sacks full of the most beautiful decorated presents I had ever seen. There were hundreds and thousands of them, all stacked neatly in the huge sacks. Sitting in the seat at the front was Father Christmas all ready with a huge grin on his face and holding the reins that led to the reindeer at the front. They were all there Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet,Cupid, Donner and at the front with his big red nose Rudolph.

"Come on Sammy get in then" Father Christmas called.
I hesitated for a second, just a second, then I ran as fast as I could and leaped up next to him.
"Are you ready?" He smiled
I nodded excitedly
"Lets go then, we have a busy night in front of us" He laughed out loud and the reindeer started to gallop, then they broke into a sprint and we started to take of into the air. We were flying. Me and Father Christmas. If you are very good and are very quiet, you may just see us tonight, if you do though make sure you wave.

Love Sammy xx

The End

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for reading, thank you for your kind comments. It may not have been the best thing you have ever read but I have so enjoyed writing this. My kids have loved it and I know that many friends and family have enjoyed it to. It was written for kids by a big kid, ME. I have found it challenging and enjoyable at the same time, but at no stage did I want to not finish it. Ive shed a little tear writing this last part, its the first thing Ive every finished. I will be re-writing Sammy The Elf in the New Year into a book which I hope I will get published. Sammy The Elf was all about believing in yourself when the odds are stacked against you, to believe in yourself and never give up. TO cherish the friends we make and the friends we have. Mostly though it was about bringing a little magic to the people that matter most to me, all the children I know, so Laura,Grace,Michael,Reece, daddy did this for you. Billy, Jamie, Liam, Jacob Shelby, Callum,George and Holly, uncle Tony did this for you as well. I hope you liked it. Lorraine, Kerry, Suzy, Emma, Kelly and Linda my biggest adult fans thank you for your input and encouragement.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Love from Me to You

No comments:

Post a Comment