Saturday 10 July 2010

Dream A Little

Do you remember being 10 years old and having a dream? Did you achieve it or did life get in the way? My dream when I was 10 was to play proffessional football, unfortunatley I wasnt good enough but it doesnt mean I still dont dream. I used to get a ball and run around the garden scoring the winning goal in the World Cup Final, or hitting a tennis ball against the wall dreaming of winning Wimbeldon. I used to spend hours doing that. Im not talking about ambition thats different, Im talking about something you've always wanted to do but are scared of saying yes and taking the chance as it may not be what you expect it to be.

Why do we limit ourselves? When your a kid you have no fear at all of anything. You'll do things that may end up hurting you by but you'll still do it anyway no matter how many times your told not to. I envy my kids in that way a little. The no fear factor that they have because life has yet to change thier outlook on life. They are yet to be hurt by people who will try to destroy thier dreams, but hopefully I will have made them strong enough to achieve whatever they want to do.

Imagine how much more fun life would be if we took a chance every now and then. If we allowed ourselves to do the things that make us truly happy. Of course we cant do everything we always want to do, we have responsibilities to our children and partners, but if you dont have that someone why not take a chance? The only thing stopping you is yourself isnt it. I daydream quite a lot, it drives my wife mad at the amount of things that go through my head sometimes, but shes there to share them with me and in most cases encourage me to take that leap of faith.

Its about knowing when to go for it and when to hold back. A friend of mine wants to start her own buisness but is scared that it may not be what she imagines it to be. If she doesnt give it a go how will she ever know? What's stopping her?. I know she's good enough and deep down she does as well so go for it and give it go. If you arent succesfull then try again until you get it right. Do something that makes you truly happy. My nan always used to say don't settle for second best. She's right as well. Why shouldn't I dream a little?

My dreams now evolve around my family and my hopes for them and what the future may bring and I find that exciting. The furture is ours to mould. To make it what we want it to be. We dont have to settle for what we have if it doesnt make us happy, why should we? The only thing stopping us is ourselves isnt it. Dont get to a ripe old age and have regrets that you didn't do all you wanted to do. Life isnt a game there are no second chances. You get one crack it so go for it, live it like there is no tommorrow. Say yes to the things that scare you a little and you never know, you may enjoy life far more than you do at the moment.

Dream that dream and chase it. It may not be what you think it is, it may disappoint a little but you gave it a go and dreaming a little is what makes life so much fun sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment