Sunday 26 September 2010

The Big Interview........who's turn is it this week?

The Big Interview this week is...........Tommy Chamberlin. Tommy is a good friend of my brother-in-law and has also been responsible for some of my best nights out. He is a funny guy and always manages to bring the 10 year old child out in me when Im drunk. He, for his sins, is a Southened Supporter who the Daggers currently look down on, sorry mate couldnt resist. So its over too Tommy or TLC as no-one calls him apart from himself. Tommy its your 15 minutes of fame.



Who Are Ya?

Tommy Lee Chamberlain (TLC)




Favourite decade?

Without a doubt its the 80's. Any decade that had Knight Rider, Street Hawk and white dog shit wins my vote. On a serious note it really did have it all . Great music, milk thieving politicians and wars against the goat herding Argies. Helped shaped me into the man I am today !

Your Favourite toy as a child?

Castle Grey Skull of HE-Man. Never tired of playing and watching HE-Man amongst many others

Worst Ever Haircut?

My mum was a hairdresser so no guesses who used to do my hair. I have always been a little on the folically challanged side so when i asked mum for an Ivan Drago flat top like in Rocky 4 it was always destined for epic failure. Mum did hair cuts and not miracles.

If I could do anything other than what you are doing now, what would it be?

I would be lead singer in a very talented band touring the world and making silly money and affecting peoples lives in a posititive way.

Most embarrassing moment ever?

I was once walking through Old Leigh and it was a Bank Holiday and full to the brim of day trippers and I spotted a pound coin on the floor. As I picked it up or at least tried, I quickly realised it was glued down and quite literally had about 100 people shouting and laughing at me. Red faced I just walked on.

Favourite Film and album of all time?

I love so many films that its hard to call. Im a big sci-fi fan so I'll go for the Terminator films and the original in particular which shows Arnie at his best .

I absoloutely fell in love with Coldplays Parachutes album and it was a rough time in my life and never tire of listening to it. I also think it shows Coldplay at there best before they went commercial.

Worst Job Ever?

I onced worked down southend seafront in the Arches Cafes as a washer up. These were before the days of a 48 working week guidelines and basic wage. I would start at 7am and finish at midnight 6 days a week and earn £150 which I thought was great at 16.


Favourite place in the world?


Im not exactly Judith Charmers and havent been to many places.I have been to Florida and Disney World and thought it was incredible. Great people lovely weather and everything is so cheap.


Finally, tell us something we don't know about you?


I won second prize in Romford baby competition 1978. It still haunts me to this day that 1st prize eluded me and having a sneaky suspiscion that Stevie Wonder must have been involved.
 
Thanks again Tommy for taking the time to do this for me. Who's it going to be next week? Well it made me laugh when I read it so you lot will have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment