Friday 22 October 2010

Sammy The Elf Week 5

Hi there and welcome to week 5. Blimey hasn't that gone quick! Anyway a quick recap. After landing in Ireland we were kidnapped by a nasty Leprechaun called Carl who along with our tour guide Ben was hatching a plot to take over Christmas and kidnap Father Christmas. Read on to find out what happened next. Sammy x

Friday 15th October

As we ran down the end of the road we could here them coming after us. We didn't know where we were or where we were going all we knew was that we had to get away as quickly as possible. We ran for what felt like hours until exhausted we stopped in a field. We lay there for a few minutes on the soft grass trying too get our breath back. None of us spoke. We were too shocked by what we had learned from the days previously. We had a big responsibility now and we weren't sure how we were going to deal with it. What could we do? We were two Elf's and a Leprechaun. We were up against a bigger Leprechaun and all his evil plans to kidnap Father Christmas and destroy Christmas as we knew it. My thoughts turned to my family and how they didn't have a clue as to what was going on. I looked at Tommy and could see he was thinking the same thing. What had started as a once in a life time opportunity had turned into a nightmare and only we could stop it. But how? That I didn't know yet but I had to find a way.
"Over there" I looked to see which of my friends had spoken first
"Look there's a barn we can hide in there for tonight" It was Jack and he was pointing to a large building in the distance. "Come on" he said jumping too his feet "Lets get going" he held out his hand to help me up and I took it. I turned to Tommy and did the same. "It'll be alright mate, I promise" I smiled as I said it trying to reassure him, I wasn't quite sure how yet but I knew I had to think of something.

Saturday 16th October

I opened my eyes after what seemed like I had slept for a lifetime and couldn't believe what I was seeing. We had made it to the barn just before dark and had been pleased to find that it had hay scattered around the floor. We were so exhausted we didn't argue and collapsed in a heap on the floor falling asleep quickly. What greeted me this morning though was something a little different.Tommy was asleep on the floor in front of me with a stupid grin on his face still asleep. Standing above him was a big cow that was gently licking his face. Tommy, obviously having a dream, was laying there letting the cow do it. I didn't know whether to wake him up or not. I could hear Jack giggling to himself as he had obviously seen what was going on as well.I crawled gently over to where Tommy was sleeping and whispered in his ear.
"Tommy, Tommy time to wake up now mate" I gently whispered.
"In a minute Mum" came the reply
Jack started to laugh louder at this, I had to put my fist in my mouth too stop me laughing as well. I tried again.
"Tommy mate its me Sammy, there is a big cow licking your face mate" this seemed to do the trick as Tommy slowly started to open his eyes. As he did so the cow stopped licking him and started too sniff him.
"Get it off me" he yelled jumping up. The cow became startled and ran into the barns wall breaking through it and making an enormous noise as it did so.
"Whats going on in there?" We heard a mans voice call.
We shot a look at each other and decided too hide. We were in trouble again.

Sunday 17th October

We were worried over nothing to be honest. After we had hidden in the barn the man came in looking for us. A little startled at the sight of his cow running through the wall he didn't know what to expect. We could hear him coming and we didn't know what to expect either. Then Tommy blew off, well he had some beans still in his system and we did try not too gag but the smell was too bad and we came out of our hiding place very sheepishly. Standing in front of us was an old man, a huge big beard pure white like his hair, a big green coat which brown trousers sticking out of the bottom and a pair of black wellies on his feet. He held a fork in his hand ready to attack whoever had caused the cow too run away. He was as surprised as us to see two Elf's and a Leprechaun standing in front of him. Once he had got over the shock he made us all go back to his farm house where his wife was waiting. He introduced himself as Frank and his wife as Ellie. She was a kind old lady, a huge grin on her round face, matched by red rosy cheeks and clear blue eyes. Her hair tied up in a bun sat on top of her head. She wore a blue blouse and a dark green skirt that fell to her ankles. She had a white pinny tied around her ample waist and flour on her hands. The smell of cooking wafted around the kitchen. She asked if we were hungry, we didn't need asking twice as it had been a good few days since we had eaten anything remotely like a proper meal. They didn't ask any questions they just sat there watching us eat as much of the food that they could put in front of us. When we had finished they led us upstairs to where freshly made beds awaited us and told us too sleep and that they would talk to us in the morning. Too full from food to argue and too sleepy to turn down the chance of a bed for the night we all nodded and jumped into the beds as quickly as possible.

Monday 18th October

When we woke in the morning we all went downstairs together. Nervous about what awaited us and also what were we going to tell the kind people that had took us in? "Hi we were on our way to Father Christmas's workshop when were kidnapped by a Leprechaun who wants to kidnap Father Christmas" It sounded crazy as I worked it around my head but I knew I had to tell them something. What though was another matter.
"Good Morning Sammy, Tommy and Jack" said Frank, shocked we all stood there for a second not sure what to say. "Don't worry, I know who you are and you are safe here, sit down and eat your breakfast and then we can talk about how we get you out of this mess" He smiled as he said it and it appeared to be a genuine smile, like he really didn't mean us any harm. The smell of the eggs and bacon cooking was too much for Tommy and Jack and they flew past me and started to help themselves to huge mountains of food. It seemed rude not too so I decided to join them as quickly as possible. They waited until we had finished before they spoke again.
"There was a man here this morning looking for you" He lent back in his chair as he spoke " Said you boys were in trouble and that he needed to find you as quickly as possible. He wouldn't tell me what it was you had done but there was something about him I didn't like so I told him I hadn't seen you. Anyone like to start?" He looked at us all around the table waiting for one of us too speak but helpful as ever they both looked at me. I decided the only thing to do was to tell them everything, they had been so kind to us so far that it was the least we could do.
"Well" I started nervously, this was going to be difficult but after all of their help so far I had to take a chance and trust them. I told them everything from the letter, to the coach, to meeting Jack, to filling Tommy with beans, to the great escape and to how we had ended up where we were when he found us.
They didn't say a word but just listened and nodded every now and then. Finally Frank started too speak.
"Okay then boys I believe you and Ill help you as much as I can. First though you are going to have to have a bath because, well to be honest my cows smell better than you do" He smiled as he said it. My heart raced happily when he mentioned helping us, then sank when the mention of the bath came. Oh well you cant win them all I suppose.

Tuesday 19th October

That was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Who has a metal bath stuck in front of the fire in their front room? Not only that who uses a wooden scrubbing brush to wash with? I appreciate the help and all that but seriously it was one of the weirdest baths Ive ever had. They kept pouring in more and more hot water to keep the bath warm, which got cold very quickly. I wasn't too bad and to be fair neither was Tommy, Jack on the other hand was a different story. He refused to wash behind his ears so Ellie got hold of his head dunked it and did it herself. His face was priceless and she wouldn't let go until he was properly clean. You should have seen his face. I think it was probably the first wash he has had in years, the way he kicked up a fuss. When it was over we were given our clothes which had been cleaned and washed and hung to dry over the open fire so they were nice and warm. We all went and sat around the kitchen table drinking hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows in it, trying too decide what we were going to do next. We knew that it wouldn't take Carl long to realise that we couldn't have gone farther than the farm and that he would be back to find us as soon as he could. The problem was though where do we go? How do we get there as well? With no coach too travel on we were stuck in Ireland at the moment and we had such a long way to go. Frank could see I had a worried look on my face and stood up asking me to go outside with him for a moment. When we got outside he sat down on a bench that was on his porch and beckoned me to sit with him.
"There's something about you lad, I'm not sure what it is but I can sense that you are different from your friends in there. You seem a lot more mature for your age than you should be. Don't get me wrong lad I'm not having ago at you, its just well, without you thinking of that plan to escape I'm not sure they would have done" He smiled as he said it and I knew he meant it.
I smiled and nodded back at him.
"Your Mum's cousins that run the pub could you go there and ask them for help?" He asked
"No I don't think so. I don't want to put anyone else in danger to be honest. Jacks brother found us near there so I'm sure they would have already been there to check, if we turn up now we could be walking into a trap" I lowered my head as I spoke the last sentence. I knew we were in big trouble but I couldn't find a way out of it, not yet anyway.
"Listen lad, I have something in one of my stables that I think could help you. I wont show you today though its getting dark. Ill show you tomorrow. Not a word to Ellie though you hear? She is getting quite attached to you boys and I don't want her worrying anymore than she is at the moment" He stuck out his hand waiting for me to shake it.
"Deal" I said shaking his hand. I felt like a proper grown-up now shaking hands on a deal. He smiled at me, got up from the bench and walked towards the door of the house.
"Tomorrow it is then" He said holding the door open for me to walk through first.
"Tomorrow" I nodded in agreement. What it was I had no idea, I did have a feeling though this was going to be fun and a way perhaps for us to continue with our journey.

Wednesday 20th October

Frank woke me up earlier than the others this morning and told me to dress quietly and quickly. I was too meet him downstairs as soon as I was ready. I got dressed quickly and crept downstairs trying to be as quiet as possible. I opened the front door and saw Frank standing there. He smiled and stepped of off the porch and started too walk towards a barn to the right of the house. As we got closer we slowed down and Frank turned to me.
"Sammy what I'm about to show you is one of the best kept secrets in the whole country. No one apart from Ellie and a few others know about this. I'm sure I can trust you which is why I'm showing you this. This could be your ticket out of here" He leaned forward and opened the door slowly.
It took a few moments for my eyes too adjust to the light or rather lack of it in the barn.I squinted into the darkness my eyes adjusting slowly and then I saw it.There in front of me stood three of the most beautiful creatures I had ever seen. There in front of me where three winged Dragons. One a deep red colour, One a deep blue colour and the other one a deep green colour. They looked at me, not sure whether I was friend or foe. Frank moved forward and the Red one stepped forward also. They looked at each other then the silence was broken.
"Good Morning Master" holy mother of yellow eggs the Dragon just SPOKE!!!!!. I nearly fell over.
"Sammy its fine honestly" Frank started to laugh a little "After all you have seen and heard so far, you are shocked by a talking Dragon?"
I nodded slowly rooted to the spot in shock.
"Good Morning, Sammy is it?" now the blue one spoke. What is going on here? Am I still asleep? I nervously tried to find my voice but struggled, nothing would come out.
"Sammy its fine honestly feel free to say hello" Frank encouraged me gently.
"H-h-h-h-e-e-e-l-l-l-o-o-" I stammered.
The dragons looked at me and smiled gently. The Red one then came forward and bowed his head slowly in front of me. I leaned forward and patted his head. It was very cold and scaly. It felt like cold gravel stones as I slowly moved my hand across his large red head. I'm stroking a Dragon, the thought kept racing through my head. I am standing in a barn with three dragons that talk as well. Could this get any weirder?.
"Master what is it you want us to do?" asked the Red one, he was obviously the leader here. The others stood by his side and looked at Frank as well.
"Kai I need you to take this boy and his friends to safety as quickly as possible" Frank looked at me for a minute waiting for Kai (blimey the dragons got a name as well) too respond.
"Of course Master, do they know how to fly Dragons?"
"Not yet but they will do tomorrow after we show them old friend" they both laughed at this well Frank did Kai sort of let out a little snort. Oh tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Thursday 21st October

To say Tommy and Jack were dumbstruck would be an understatement. To say Ellie was annoyed with Frank would also be an understatement. She really let him have it for about 10 minutes. Then she started to cry and ran back to the house. Frank told us not to worry she had just got used to us being here and didn't want us to go but she knew we had to. After the shock had worn off with Tommy and Jack, that they had got used too, One Dragons, and Two TALKING Dragons we started to learn how to ride them. I did quite well to be fair. Kai was a good teacher. He showed me how to climb up him, too sit at the base of his neck, and then he showed me how to fasten the leather straps to him and ride. We didn't fly yet it was more  making sure I stayed on him as he ran around the farm. Jack did well on the Green one which was called Vie. Tommy, well Tommy being Tommy it didn't go so well. I'm not sure whether the Blue one which was called Lis was playing about with him or not but Tommy kept falling off. It was like watching Bambi taking his first steps, he would get on then fall off the other side just as quickly. After an hour of trying he managed to get on but the minute Lis took a step forward off he would go again. It was funny to watch even if Tommy didn't think so. He kept trying to show the Dragon his bruises whilst the Dragon kept showing him the marks on her neck where he kept falling off. They made a right pair. A Dragon with marks on her neck and an Elf with bruises. If you had seen it you wouldn't have known whether to laugh or cry to be honest. We spent most of the day on the Dragons. As darkness fell Ellie came back and told us dinner was ready and we had to come back into the house. We said goodnight to the Dragons and went inside. As we got to the door Frank stopped me for a minute on the porch.
"Well Sammy what do you think?" There was a smile on his face as he said it.
"That was great fun, thank you so much" A huge grin spread across my face as I said it.
"Good, they seem too like you, tomorrow we will teach you how to fly them" He spread his arms wide as he said it like an aeroplane.
"Frank can I ask you a question?" I asked shyly.
"Of course Sammy" He said a serious look came across his face. It was like he knew what I was going to ask.
"How did you manage to get three Dragons?"
"Why don't you ask them, but not now though, they need too rest, you will have to ask them in the morning, Okay?"
I nodded slowly wondering what the answer would be.
"Come on now we don't want to keep Ellie waiting do we?" He held the door open and waited for me to go inside.
There was so much I didn't know about this man and his wife. They had been kind to us and given us more help than we could have asked for so far. There was something though about them that I didn't quite understand. I wasn't sure what it was, after all why would a man and his wife have Dragons in a barn on their farm?. I suppose I would find out tomorrow.

1 comment: