Thursday 4 November 2010

Sammy The Elf Week 7

Hi There and welcome too Week 7 of my dairy. A quick recap before I tell you what has happened this week. We finally got to fly the Dragons and well, Tommy wasn't very good at it. I had learnt that Frank wasn't all he seemed as he had rescued Kai and the other Dragons from Carl many years ago. There was also something else he was hiding as well but I wasn't sure what it was yet. After flying the Dragons we returned home and heard Ellie scream out loud. This is what happened next. Enjoy Love Sammy xx

Friday 29th October

We weren't expecting what we found when we arrived at the house. To be fair I didn't really know what to expect if I'm honest all I knew was something was wrong and I had to be there. Frank got there first and burst through the door calling Ellie as he entered. I followed behind him trying too keep up with him but failing as Franks urgency meant he arrived a good minute before I did. I surveyed the scene before and stopped dead in my tracks. The kitchen table had been upturned in what appeared to be a struggle and the plates and dinner were strewn across the floor. Frank ran from room to room calling Ellie's name as he went but she didn't answer back. It began too dawn on him that she wasn't here. I ran around the house looking for Jack and Tommy, I had to find them too I needed to know what had happened. As I ran into our bedroom I saw two pairs of feet sticking out from under the bed. I grabbed them and pulled them out onto the floor. Tommy and Jack were tied up and their mouths were covered with tape. I loosened the ropes that bound them and removed the tape from their mouths. I let them get themselves together before I started to ask them what had happened.
"Tommy where is Ellie?" I asked urgently
"We didn't see them Sammy it happened so quickly and they overpowered us" he was shaking his head from side to side tears welling up in his eyes.
"Who overpowered you?" I demanded.
They both looked at each other neither one wanting to tell me.
"TELL ME" I shouted at them
"It was Carl and my brother" Jack didn't lift his head as he spoke he appeared ashamed at what had happened.
"What???????" I struggled too get the words out, what had we done, what terrible fate had we brought onto Frank and Ellie, the very kind people that had took us in and looked after us.
"Its true Sammy" Tommy looked at me with tears welling in his eyes.
"I have to tell Frank straight away" I turned and ran down the stairs.
Frank was standing at the sink in the kitchen a crumpled letter in his hand. He didn't turn as I walked into the kitchen he just kept staring straight ahead. I waited for a moment before I spoke.
"Frank" I started too speak but he turned and cut me off before I could continue further.
"Sammy this is something I need to do alone. You boys have been through enough already. I'm not asking you I'm telling you. Leave this to me" I could tell by the look on his face this wasn't the time too question him. He turned and walked out of the kitchen and through the back door disappearing into the darkness that had engulfed us, leaving the note behind.

Saturday 30th October

I didn't sleep last night at all. All I could think about was Ellie and Frank. Had we caused this? Had our coming here brought more anguish on the people that had tried to help us and shown us only kindness?. I read the note once more that Frank had left in the kitchen and knew what I had to do. I got dressed quickly and went downstairs. I couldn't find Frank anywhere in the house so I walked over to the barn where Kai and the other Dragons were. I had too speak to them and see if they would help me with my plan. I couldn't let Frank do this on his own. I opened the lock and walked through the door into the darkness of the barn. Kai was already awake, I could see by the look on his face that Frank had already been here and told him what he had planned to do.
"Good Morning Sammy" He spoke softly and gently looking me straight in the eye.
"Kai I guess you know why I am here don't you?"
He nodded slowly
"Then I guess you know what my plan is as well don't you?"
"Yes" He replied softly
"Well, will you help me?" I asked nervously
"Of course, I would do anything for Frank and Ellie, but you know this will be dangerous don't you?"
I nodded.
"Okay then when do you want to go?" He asked
"Early hours of the morning, surprise is going to be our greatest asset" I replied "It will be safer that way"
He nodded again
"Hold on a minute you two" Lis had been listening too our conversation "You cannot do this on your own let us help you?"
"No, its far too dangerous for all of us to be involved and out at night, Lis I know you want too help but Tommy and Jack need protecting as well, you would be far more helpful here" There was a sternness in his voice I hadn't heard before.
"What if I say I don't want too stay here?" She asked
"Lis, my sister, I love you more than anything in this world and I will not allow you to get involved in this. Is that understood?" He stood up to his full height, he could be quite unnerving and daunting when he wanted to be.
"I understand and will respect your wishes, but I do not agree with them" There was a way that she said this that I thought meant she wasn't going to but now was not the time to disagree with her.
"Thank you"Kai replied "Now then Sammy" He said turning back to me "Go and prepare yourself for what we have to do, we leave as soon as its dark enough"
I nodded and left the barn closing the door behind me. All I had to do now was tell Tommy and Jack what I planned to do and I wasn't looking forward to that.

Sunday 31st October

I had told Tommy and Jack what I had planned, they weren't happy and insisted that they came with me but I told them that there was no way this was going to happen. It was because of me that Frank and Ellie were in danger and it was up to me to sort it out. They begrudgingly accepted my decision and helped me pack a rucksack I had found laying about in the cupboard under the stairs. They wished me good luck and stood on the porch watching as I walked across to the barn where I knew Kai would have had the same conversation with Lis and Vie that I had had with Tommy and Jack. I know they wanted too help but I couldn't let them get into anymore danger than they had already been in. We still had to reach the North Pole yet and I needed too make sure that they stayed safe long enough to help Father Christmas with what he needed us to do when we got there. Kai was pacing up and down when I got there, impatient to get started on our rescue mission.
"Ready?" He asked as I walked through the door
"Yes, lets get going" I said jumping onto his back.
Kai started to run across the field like he had done may times before and with a giant leap we were soon soaring through the air. I hung on tightly as his big wings flapped silently in the breeze around us not making a sound. My thoughts raced towards what we were attempting to do and how dangerous it would be. I couldn't let Frank and Ellie down now it was the least I could do for them after all they had done for us. I knew Frank would be annoyed but there was nothing I could do about that now I just hoped he understood.
We flew for what felt like hours but was really probably only half of that time. The sky was clear and the stars shone brightly, the night air was cool but not cold. Kai hadn't said a word since we took off, to be honest I didn't feel like talking either I was too busy concentrating on what lay ahead and the note that Frank had left behind. It swirled around in my head. "If you want to see Ellie alive again then bring the boys to the place where we first met." I knew where that was but wasn't sure who was involved. All of a sudden Kai started to fly lower so I knew that meant we were almost here. They wouldn't be expecting me let alone Kai as well so we had the element of surprise.
We touched down quietly were Kai had bought me last week. The clearing where he had been left to die by Carl a few years previously. I could feel the tension in his body as I made my way down his back. He felt colder than normal which surprised me a little but I put it down to the night air.
"Ill be as quick as I can" I patted him as I said it and started to walk towards the entrance of the cave. It was incredibly dark inside and I couldn't see all the way in. I could hear noises though so knew I had the right place. I slowly edged my way through the darkness touching the walls as I went, they felt cold and slimy to the touch and floor beneath me was covered in dirt. I could feel the wall start to curve around so I knew there must be a corner coming up. I then began to see a faint light in front of me and could feel the warmth of a fire. I was getting closer by the minute. I edged closer and there in the light that greeted me I could see Frank and Ellie tied up and Carl, Ben and the others all talking in a huddle. I had found them, now all I had to do was rescue them. That was going to be the difficult part.

Monday 1st November

I had edged my way back out of the cave and told Kai what I had seen. He started to snort little flames of anger out of his nose and I was worried that he was going to give the game away. After a brief chat we decided that we would wait until tonight before we made our attempt. We crept up above the ledge and watched the cave all day. We say Carl and Ben leave and then watched as Jack's brother left with one of his friends as well. From the amount of them that had been at the house this meant that there could only be one of them left and he would be the smallest one. I decided that as soon as it got dark I would attempt my rescue as I was sure with Franks help I could over power him and then we could make our escape. As darkness began to fall I decided now was the time to put my plan into action.
"Sammy what you are doing is very brave and I just wanted to thank you" Kai whispered this softly, well as softly as a Dragon could I suppose. There was a look of hope in his eyes and I knew he meant it.
"Kai its not over yet" I patted his neck gently. Was I being brave or reckless? Only time would tell I suppose.
I started to walk the path I had walked the night before and edged my way into the cave. As I turned the corner I could see that I had been right, there was only one of them and he was asleep. If I reach Frank before he awoke I had a chance. I crept slowly and quietly to where Frank and Ellie were tied up on the floor. As I reached Frank he opened his eyes and stared straight at me. To say he was annoyed would have been an understatement but Ellie looked relieved more than anything so I knew I had done the right thing. I quickly untied them and helped them to their feet. Jacks mate hadn't stirred at all so all was going well so far. We slowly walked past the fire and started to make our way to the entrance where Kai would be waiting for us too take us too safety. We went as fast as we could without making too much noise Frank helping Ellie as we walked towards the light from the night sky that had started too shine through the entrance to the cave. I cold feel the air on my face as we got closer and closer. I tried listening for Kai as well, hoping that the sound of him breathing would somehow reassure me that all was well. Frank patted me on the shoulder and I turned too look at him.
"Sammy we are going to have words about this when we get back" He was trying to be angry but there was a smile on his face so I knew he was proud of me
"We aren't there yet Frank" I smiled back
"That's right Sammy you aren't are you?, Boys grab them, oh and don't forget to tie that Dragon up as well" There in front of us was Carl standing in the entrance of the cave, it hadn't been quick enough.

Tuesday 2nd November

So here I am tied up next too Frank and Ellie in a cave in the middle of nowhere in trouble again. How much more of this could I take?
"Sammy you are becoming a pain aren't you?" Carl was standing in front of me now with a menacing look on his face
"I'm trying my best" I smiled back
"That you are. Now then I have the three of you and one of the Dragons so where are the others?"
I shrugged my shoulders
"What nothing to say?"
I shook my head
"Sammy look this isn't going to get any easier for you so I suggest you just tell me where they are and then I can get on with my plan. What do you say to that?"
I shook my head again
"Well alright then play your little games, but the problem you have is that I hold all the aces at the moment. You are nothing but a little inconvenience to me. I will make my plans happen and there will be nothing you can do about it. DO YOU HEAR ME BOY" His face was right in front of me now.
"I have a question" I asked
"Ah he speaks. Go on what it is? I'm intrigued?" He had a smug look on his face as he stepped back from me a little
"Well, I was wondering what that smell was?. Its been bugging me for a while and now I know"
"Smell, what smell?" he looked puzzled
"That smell that keeps lingering in the air. Ive finally worked it out. So my question is this"
"Go on boy what it is?" His impatience was getting the better of him now
"Ive only smelt it a few times and its always when you are around"
"Ah you mean my aftershave, Leprechaun Number 6" He looked at the others for approval
"No" I continued "Its the smell of fear that oozes from you whenever you are around me" I smiled
"ME? FEAR YOU?" He started to laugh manically as the others laughed nervously around him
"Yes" I replied " You see first of all I thought it was the beans, but seeing as Tommy isn't here I knew it wasn't that. You are scared of me aren't you? Its okay I know I'm a threat to your plans its okay you can admit it" I was grinning broadly now whilst he was starting to go very red and the veins started to bugle in his neck as he struggled to keep his temper
"I can assure you I am not afraid of YOU. You are nothing but an Elf, below me in the order of things as are all your kind. You should fear ME" He was really starting too lose it now.
"Well it must be the Leprechaun Number 6 then. Sorry my mistake" I smiled my sweetest smile and winked at Frank and Ellie who were beginning to worry Id lost it. I hadn't it was all part of my plan.
"Good I'm glad we have that sorted then."He started to rub his hands down the front of his coat, almost preening himself. "Now then Sammy, I have an errand too run so I shall leave you here and come back and see you tomorrow. Sleep well tonight wont you?" With that he strode out of the cave and was gone.
"Sammy why do you do that?" Ellie asked
"I enjoy it" I smiled
She shook her head but smiled all the same.

Wednesday 3rd November

I woke up the next morning cold and stiff from the nights sleep. Frank was already awake as was Ellie. The fire was beginning too die down. I looked around us and saw that Ben and the others were sitting on the other side of the fire. Watching us intently. Carl was pacing back and forth he seemed to have something on his mind. I watched him for a while wondering how he thought he was going to make his plan come true. It was so crazy that I didn't think anyone would believe me even if I did tell them what was being planned.
"Cooeeeeeee" a voice echoed around the cave startling all of us.
"I say hello, is anyone there?" The voice came again and I recognised it straight away.
"Who the hell is that?" Carl said looking at the others
They all shrugged their shoulders.
"Well don't just sit there go and find out" Carl barked at the others
Two of Jacks brothers mates got up and edged slowly into the darkness not sure what awaited them. After a few moments they didn't come back Ben and Jacks brother started too look a little worried.
"Hello there" The voice echoed through the cave once again "Is there anyone there?"
The three that remained looked at each other sheepishly.
"Well I'm not going" Snapped Carl at Ben and Jacks brother
Ben and Jacks brother got up reluctantly and started to walk into the darkness once more. After a few moments the voice returned once again
"Hello? Look I keep getting all these other people coming out when I really want to talk too Carl. Is he there? Or cant he come out because his mum says so?"
I burst out laughing at this as did Frank and Ellie
"What did you say!" Carl yelled back into the darkness
"I said" came the voice" Can Carl come out to play or wont his mum let him out?" There was stifled laughter now coming through the darkness.
Carl was beginning to really get the hump now.
"Who's there?" He yelled
"Its me" The voice came back
"Me who?" Carl yelled back
"You know me! Come and say hello" the voice replied
"No YOU come in here" Carl was getting more and more nervous now
"Oh alright then , coming ready or not"
Carl looked at us and I could see the panic in his eyes. He began feeling the wall looking for something, but I wasn't sure what.
"Carl are you there? Ill be there in a minute you will wait wont you?" The voice was getting closer and closer
All of a sudden there was a creaking sound and Carl had found what he was looking for. A secret passage that meant he didn't have to wait around any longer. He slipped through the gap that had opened and disappeared into the wall.
"Oh has he left already?" There standing in front of me was Tommy with a huge grin on his face.
"Am I glad to see you" I laughed
"Thought you might be" He laughed back.
"Well don't just stand there help us get up" Frank said
Tommy freed my hands and I undid Ellie's and Tommy did Franks
"Where are the others?" I asked
"Oh don't worry about them Ive got that all taken care off" Tommy was smiling again.
"Have you found Kai?" I asked
"Yes hes fine and waiting to see you" Tommy placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled again.
It was good to have my friend back.

Thursday 4th November

When we got outside into the sunshine we found quite a sight waiting for us. Lis was sitting on top of Ben and Jacks brother who we found out was called James. Vie was sitting on the other two whilst Kai was gently sending bursts of flames onto their bums whilst they yelled out for help. It was very funny. We got on board the Dragons and they flew us home. We dropped the others of at the house where we had first been kidnapped, sure they wouldn't be a problem now without Carl and went back too Frank and Ellie's to help them clear up. Ellie made us a great tea of shepherds pie and fresh apple crumble. She then made us all have a bath again which was okay except Jack moaned the whole way through it. After dinner I went and sat on the porch reflecting on the events of the previous few days. I was annoyed that Carl had escaped it meant that he was still out there causing us problems but for now I had a bit of peace. I sat there watching the sun go down and my thoughts drifted too my family. I missed them greatly. They had no idea what I was going through or what I had been through or faced in the future. All I wanted as a cuddle from my mum but that would have too wait a little while longer.
"Sammy you okay?" Frank sat down next too me and put his arm around my shoulder
"I was just thinking about my mum and dad and my little brother, they have no idea what I'm going through at the moment" Then the tears started too fall and I couldn't stop.
"Hey don't get upset, I'm sure they would be very proud of you knowing what you have done for me and Ellie" Frank tried too reassure me the best he could
"I just miss them so much that's all"
"I know Sammy and I'm sure they miss you too. You have been through so much, helped so many people for one so young. You kind of remind me of myself at your age. Always getting into trouble but always trying to do the right thing. Sammy you are a very strong young man and I'm proud to call you my friend" He smiled gently as he said the last bit and I smiled back at him. This old man had shown me so much kindness as had his wife and I couldn't think of any way too repay them.
"There is no need for those thoughts Sammy. You and your friends have done more than enough for me and Ellie. I know in the morning you must continue your journey, I want you too take the Dragons with you. It will be the safest and the easiest way."
I started too speak but he wouldn't let me finish
"Sammy they want to go with you. Me and Ellie aren't getting any younger and Dragons live a long time. They need someone young now who can enjoy  them. Ive spoken to them already and they want to go. Please don't disappoint them or me. I owe you that much Sammy for all you have done for us" Once again he held out his hand for me too shake. I had grown to really like Frank and Ellie, they treated us like one of their own and Frank treated me like a grown up. I was thankful for that and all he had done.
"Okay" I said
"Good man, now if we don't go back inside and eat the cake Ellie has just made we will be in serious trouble. Oh Sammy sorry before I forget I need to give you something will you drop it off for me on your way?" He handed me a letter
"Of course" I replied taking it from him
"Good, Kai knows the way" He opened the door for me and we went inside too finish the cake that Ellie had just made. I must admit it did smell so good.I placed the letter in my pocket. I wonder what it said? I find out soon enough. What I didn't know thought that this was going to change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment