Monday 20 December 2010

Sammy The Elf 20th Deecember

The food was eaten very quickly by the Elf's. Empty plates started too pile up in the kitchen which was good to see, the only problem was that this meant I had to clean them all. I didn't mind though because if it worked my plan would start too form very quickly.

Id spent the rest of the afternoon washing up and trying too keep my head down. Id watched Ben and Peter having long conversations in the corner of the kitchen Peter seemed troubled by something and Ben was trying too talk him round. They were too far away from me to hear exactly what they were saying, but the feeling I got was that Peter was beginning to have second thoughts about being here and what Carl was up too. That could certainly be an interesting development in things if that was the case. An unexpected bonus.

James had met me from work and I had told him that I had put the powder in the food. He was pleased with that and had said he had noticed that a few of the Elf's had started too rub their eyes late on in the afternoon. He then said that it wouldn't properly take effect until the morning and that we had to be patient and bide our time but we would know when it was the right time. I didn't tell him about seeing Ben and Peter in the kitchen and them talking quietly in the corner. It seemed easier not to just yet until I was certain as to what was happening.

I awoke this morning with a little bit of dread and a little bit of excitement. Dread at the thought of going back into that kitchen and excitement at wondering whether our plan had worked. James met me outside and once again dressed in black I made my way towards the big steel door at the back of the back of the factory. The Chef was outside having a cup of tea when I arrived and nodded at me as I walked through the door. I looked around me and saw Elf's already hard at work.The Chef walked in behind me and made me jump a little when he tapped me on my shoulder.
"Sammy you did such a good job with those potato's yesterday you can do them all over again" He laughed a huge laugh as if this was some sort of joke.
I just nodded and walked back to the room I had been in yesterday, faced with another huge amount of potato's that needed peeling and then boiling. There wasn't anything else I could now though all I could was sit and wait and hopefully it would work.

Id been peeling potato's for about an hour when it started too happen. It was very quiet at first then a loud noise came through into the kitchen. I walked to the door of the room I was in and watched as a leprechaun came flying through the kitchen doors a look of sheer terror on his face. He ran straight up to the chef who at the time had his back turned too him, and starting pulling at his jacket. The Chef turned round with a look of real anger on his face, ready too let fly at whoever had the nerve too grab him from behind. It wasn't until he saw the look of pure terror on his face that he paused for a moment and gathered his thoughts. I watched all of this happening and it suddenly dawned on me what was goin on.
"They can see us" The leprechaun yelled
"What are you talking about?"the Chef said quietly
"The Elf's can see us they know we are there" There was a rising panic in his voice as he spoke
"That's impossible. We put the stuff in the food yesterday, I tasted it myself"
"Well they can see us and they are going nuts out there. Cant you do something?"
"Like what? I'm a chef for gods sake, this was Carl's idea and he assured me it would work. Have you seen him this morning?" The Chef was beginning too sound as worried as the leprechaun now
"Yes, he is in Devels office"
"Then what are you standing here for go and get him. NOW!!" The Chef yelled
"Yes, yes of course I will" He turned and then ran out of the kitchen as fast as he could.
This was it , this was my chance, if I timed it right I should be able to get into the office and release my friends. I crept out the kitchen and headed for door that led onto the factory floor. Chaos was ensuing in the kitchen as Elf's and Leprechauns, who could finally see each other, started too pelt each other with the food that had been prepared ready for lunch.

I walked onto the factory floor and watched for a few seconds as the Elf's, now not under the influence of the powder in their food were beginning to chase the leprechauns around the factory. The leprechauns were terrified and running for their lives. This had worked out better than I could have hoped. James saw me and came running over.
"It worked Sammy, you did it" He was smiling from ear too ear
"ts not over yet" I said "I have to go and rescue Tommy and Jack yet"
"Of course lad okay then good luck. I need to stay here and make sure none of the Elf's actually kill the leprechauns although putting a few through he present wrapping machine might not be a bad idea" He gave out another hearty laugh
I smiled and made my way to the stairs. I crept up them slowly as I got too the top the doors flung open and all of the Elf's from the workshops came rushing out. They nearly knocked me back down the stairs with their haste too get involved. Now I knew there was only perhaps Carl and Devel standing between me and my friends. I edged my way slowly along the corridor, trying not too make a sound as I got closer to the door. I could see that it was partially open. I stopped trying too hear if there was anyone in there. I couldn't hear a thing so I slowly opened the door. It was empty. Perhaps Carl had fled once again from his troubles. It wouldn't have been the first time would it?. I moved around the desk to where I had seen the button before. I felt under the desk and there it was. The little black button. I pushed it and watched as the wall started too rotate. When it was half open I squeezed through into a small corridor. It was dimly lit but not enough for me not to see where I was going. At the end of the corridor I could see a small door. I pushed it open and there they were. My friends, it had seemed like months since I had last seen them. Tommy jumped up straight away.
"Well you took your time didn't you" He said half joking
"Well if you didn't keep getting into trouble I wouldn't have too keep rescuing you would I?" I laughed
"Fair point I suppose" He smiled
" Come on Jack we need to go fella" I said picking him up from the floor
"Sammy I'm sorry, Its all my fault I should never have come"
"How did you work that out?" I said a little confused
"Peter saw me. I tried too tell him what Carl was up to and what we had been through but he wouldn't listen. He took me straight too Carl and locked me up in here" He kept his head low as he spoke
That would explain the conversation I had seen between Peter and Ben the day before. They must have been discussing Carl. I wonder if Jack had put some doubt into his brothers mind after all and that was why he seemed so troubled?
"Yeah then when I said hello too Ben the other day it didn't help matters" Tommy shrugged
"Huh? You said hello too him?" I asked shocked
"I didn't mean to it was one of those off the cuff moments. I was so happy to be here I didn't think about it until after I had done it. I'm not sure who was more shocked him or me?"
"Okay look we haven't got time for what was right and what was wrong. We need too get out of here now and stop Carl once and for all" I said grabbing the pair of them.
We made our way back along the corridor as quickly as we could. We squeezed back through the gap and started too walk towards the office door when all of a sudden it slammed shut. Devel was standing there blocking our way.
"Going somewhere boys?"
The voice came from behind us. I turned slowly knowing who's voice it was and there sitting at the desk was Carl. A look of utter rage on his face.

To be continued tomorrow..............

No comments:

Post a Comment