Sunday 19 December 2010

Sammy The Elf Sunday 19th December

When I woke this morning my uniform had been replaced by black dungaree's and a black jumper and hat. This was the kitchen uniform. I pulled it on quickly and headed for the door. James was waiting foe me outside.
"This isn't going too be much fun Sammy. Are you sure you are ready to do this?" He was worried about me I could see that
"Yes, Ive got to do it, its the only way" I replied nervously
"Okay then, lets get going" He started too walk towards the factory, only this time we didn't go through the main entrance as we had before. This time we went to a side entrance. There was a large steel door with a bell on the outside.
"This is it Sammy, no turning back now"
"I know what I have to do" I replied as confidently as I could
"Here take this" He handed me a small packet of powder. "You will have too put this into the food, its harmless, but it wont take effect properly until tomorrow and when it does you need to be ready okay?"
I nodded and took the packet putting into one of my pockets.
"Okay then" James said as he rang the bell.
The door opened and the largest Elf I have ever seen opened the door. He was huge. He was wearing chef whites and had a face like thunder. I was beginning too regret this a little bit.
"What?" He snarled
"I have a new helper here for you. He was caught stealing a toy yesterday from the conveyor belt and has been sent here to work until Christmas Eve when he will be expelled" James spoke with a real sense of authority. I was quite taken aback to be honest I hadn't seen this side of him before
"Oh so I get all the thief's and lairs, great another one" He didn't seem happy at all. "Okay take him and show him where the potato's are, I need them peeling and boiling before lunch" He didn't look at me once.
James walked past him and led me through the kitchen. There were lots of Elf's dressed like me who were trying too look busy, running around the kitchen carrying large trays off vegetables and meat. Others were standing by large counters cutting and chopping the things that they had been brought by the others. There were leprechauns in there as well quietly hanging about in corners making out they wasn't there. I knew they were though as I could see them. One of the Elf's looked me straight in the eye as he walked past. I could see that glazed look in his eyes as well. He didn't have a clue as too what was going on around him, he didn't even notice.

James led me too a large white room which had the biggest pile of potato's I had ever seen in my life. I stood there a little unsure how I was going to get all this done in time but I knew I had to. i would have too work harder than I had ever worked before.
"You going to be okay Sammy?" He asked as we both stood there looking at the huge mound of potato's
"Yes, Ill be fine" I replied trying too sound convincing
"Okay then Ill leave you to it. Make sure you put the powder in and remember it wont take effect until tomorrow okay?"
"Yes go it" I replied
He patted me on the shoulder and was gone. There I was all alone and with a mountain of work to do. There was only one thing for it and I picked up the peeling knife and made a start.

After I had been working for a few hours, an Elf came in with pots filled with water and placed them on the floor.
"You need too put the potato's in here when you've finished. Then you have to add this" He handed me a packet the same as the one that James had given me earlier.
"Whats that?" I asked
"Vitamin's" He replied " Make sure you add it the chef insists on it being used so dont forget"
I nodded and took it from him making sure I placed it in a different pocket from the one that James had given me earlier
"Well you'd better get going again" He said as he left the room.
This was the important bit, if my plan was going too work I had too get this part right. I carried on peeling the potato's for a while longer when I suddenly heard voices coming towards me. I recognised them straight away but I couldn't let them know that I had heard them, so I kept my head down and carried on.
"Is he here yet" Ben the tour guide said. Ah Ben the one that my little brother had been obsessed with sucking his nose.
"Yes he is up stairs with Devel. I don't know what they have too talk about, all he does is leave us here walking around this stinking kitchen all day" Peter said angrily.
So Peter, Jacks brother was here as well. This wasn't going to be easy. Carl, Ben , Peter and I guess Peters friends as well, plus who ever else they had managed too smuggle in with them as well.
"Peter, you know Carl has your best interests at heart, he has always been good to you hasn't he?"
"Has he? All I know is that when I was a kid me and my brother were found by him walking around outside this place and I only know that because he told me. How do I know whats true anymore? He had me kidnap my own brother and two young Elf's as well didn't he? I'm not sure anymore, I'm not so sure what I believe" There was a real anguish in his voice as he spoke. A softening that I hadn't heard before. Did he have doubts about Carl as well?
"Don't be so ungrateful and don't let him hear you say things like that. He has done a lot for you and your brother before he turned on us" The reply was short and angry
"My brother, huh, maybe he had the right idea after all"
"Well you can always join him if you wish? Or you can help Carl retain his rightful place here, a place that he once ruled and a place that he will once again rule with or without your help" They were starting too argue now.
"Enough" The voice was loud and clear. It was Carl.
"I'm sorry master I didn't see you there" Ben spoke first
"Obviously. Do you two not think this is difficult enough too pull off without you two arguing all the time? Well?"
"Sorry master, it wont happen again" Peter replied
"It had better not. Now we put our plan into operation fully on Tuesday. Is that understood?" Carl was calmer now as if his grand plan was starting too come together at last.
"Of course we shall be ready" Ben replied
"Good, good, now whats for lunch I'm a little peckish" The voices began too trail away as they walked down the corridor.

It looked like I had put our plan into place just in time. As I finished peeling the last of the potato's I placed them in the pots that were full of water. I then took out the packet that James had given me, making sure I had the right one, and emptied the contents into the pots. I watched as the powder started too disappear and mix in with the water and food. There wasn't a trace left. No wonder no one could tell the difference, it completely mixed in with what was in the pots.
"Are those done yet?" It was the elf that had bought them too me earlier
"Yes" I replied
"Did you add the vitamins?" He asked
"Yes, just like you told me to" I replied confidently
"Good then help me carry them to the kitchen" He picked up the first one and walked away.
I grabbed one as well and followed him as quickly as I could. I watched as he placed it onto the top of the large oven. There was enough space on the oven for all of the pots I had filled. Once we had collected them all and placed them onto the rings, the chef came over too us. He placed a spoon into one of the pots and tasted the water.
"Not bad" He said "They will taste great when they are cooked, now go and clean up and you can start on the dishes over there" He pointed too a large mountain of washing up. It was huge and I guessed would take me the rest of the day. I didn't mind though, my plan was working so far all I needed now was for the Elf's too eat the food. When they did I could then start on the next stage of my plan.

To Be Continued Tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment