Friday 8 December 2017

Sammy and the missing Reindeer Part 7



"I'm sorry Sammy its all my fault I should have been more careful" said Jacob sadly holding onto the net that now held us.

"Don't be silly no ones blaming you, we all rushed in here as if nothing was wrong we should have known better, finding the Reindeer hasn't been that easy so far" I was trying to keep everybody calm as we hung in the air. The four Leprechaun's were standing below us and prodding us with their fingers through the holes.

"Would you be kind enough to remove your bum from my face Tommy" Williams voice was slightly muffled due to Tommy actually sitting on his head.

"And where exactly would you like me to put it?" Tommy asked angrily. He had a point we were all tangled up and not very comfortable, the Reindeer in front of us staring at us and unable to help as they were chained up with muzzles on their mouths to keep them from warning us as we entered the building. We were well and truly trapped for now.

Suddenly the lights turned on and we all tried to see what was happening but all I could hear was a tapping sound slowly coming towards us, as I was facing the other way and unable to move around.

"I hear something" said Michael whispering

"Really I thought that was the sound of the clock ticking" said Jack sarcastically

"Let them down, oh and don't be gentle about it" the voice was coming from below us and to my right hand side. I strained to see but couldn't.

"Hold tight everybody" I said as we all suddenly fell onto the ground in a big heap.

"Well look what we have hear" the voice said now standing in front of me. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Pierre and I am in charge of things here in Paris, a beautiful city I think you'll agree. I would say its a pleasure to meet you, but well I don't think you feel the same way at the moment do you" He said shrugging his shoulders.

I slowly managed to get to my feet and there stood a Leprechaun smartly dressed in a purple velvet suit, a yellow frilly shirt, a purple top hat and a wooden cane in his hand. He was looking at us one by one, as the others started to get to their feet around me. William was moving to the side of us, looking for a chance to attack him, but waiting, trying to get his timing right, aware that any move he made he would probably have to got through the four others first.

"I wouldn't" said the Leprechaun pointing his cane at William, "We know all about you young William. if you make a single move towards me I will instruct the others to kill the Reindeer straight away, do you understand?" He pointed his cane towards the Reindeer, and we saw two Leprechaun's dressed in red overalls standing next to them holding their chains tightly in their hands.

"Ill wait my turn" William replied clenching his fist and not taking his eyes off of the Leprechaun's in front of us.

"HAHAHA" he laughed throwing his head back in doing so. "Really is that you plan to do, wait your turn? Don't be silly little boy I am in control here and what I say goes, the quicker you understand that the better things will be for all of you, do I make myself clear?". He tapped his cane hard into the ground and the sound echoed around the empty building. "Bring him here, let them see what happens when people interfere and try and stop me"

Two more Leprechaun's appeared from a side room and in the middle of them was Louis, his hands tied behind his back and a gag across his mouth.

"You didn't think that you could infiltrate us and get away with it did you? We are so much more sophisticated than those fools in Tokyo, we knew you were coming, we have our own spies in your network, its about time Sammy that you start to realise you will never beat Carl he is far too clever for you." He prodded me in the chest with his cane and I stumbled backwards, it was too much for William who ran towards him but he didn't get far, one of the Leprechaun's stuck his foot out and William fell to the ground in a heap.

"Really then how come I did it last time then?" I shouted anger building inside me at what was happening around us.

"You got lucky young Sammy, you know that as well as I do, this time Carl is prepared for anything that you can throw at him. He will take back what you stole from him." He walked around as us he spoke tapping the cane on the floor as he did so.

"Now please seeing as you are our guests let us make you a little more comfortable. Tie them up back to back please Manuel,  over there next to the Reindeer will be fine, and then we can get out of here and make our way to London to help the others" He patted the one called Manuel on the shoulder and walked towards the door we had come in through.

They moved towards us and I could sense the others looking at me, waiting for me to make a move and they would follow, whatever the outcome they would go down with a fight, side by side, it was up to me to decide what to do and at that moment I wasn't sure. I hesitated. If  I went for them then either my friends or the reindeer Vixen and Cupid got hurt  I would never forgive myself for that, if I didn't and I let them tie us up we would never be able to get to London and then New York in time. The seconds were ticking away and I could feel their eyes on me.

"Sammy" Emily asked "What do we do?" as the first Leprechaun was nearly upon us she held her hands up in front of her and took a fighting stance.

"Come on Sammy we cant let them tie us up do something" Michael pleaded raising his hands to fight as well.

"Why do you think we will just let you tie us up?" I asked trying to buy myself some time.

"Yeah there is as many of us as there is of you" said Gabrielle moving closer to my side, the others started to move tighter as well as we formed a circle, all of us now hands clenched into fists and ready to fight if we had to.

"Oh Sammy really? Do you not see Vixen and Cupid over there? Do you not see those wires working their way down their body? Come, come now, if any of you even think of attacking us I will press this button on top of my cane and boom no more Reindeer AHAHAH". he started to laugh loudly waving his hands in the air.

"But they are all linked together, you'll kill them all!" Emily shouted

"You can't" shouted Jack running towards him, put being pulled back by Jacob at the last moment .

"Feisty isn't he?" said Pierre tapping his cane on the floor. "Now I'm beginning to lose patience, Manuel, get your men and start tying them up before I really lose my temper"

Manuel grabbed a length of rope and started to walk towards us. I looked at the others and shook my head telling them not to try anything I would think of something if they just went along with what I wanted.

"Sacra Bleu" came the voice behind me startling me

"What do we have here?" the second voice said

"We don't like bullies, and for gods sake young man what on earth are you wearing?" came the third voice

"He cant have looked in a mirror can he?" The second voice said sounding closer by the second.

"Oh no who one earth wears Purple with Yellow? This is Paris after all does he not understand fashion?" came the third voice which I know recognised and started to smile to myself.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Pierre asked annoyed at the interruption.

"Well allow us to introduce ourselves, I'm Nanny Margaret, this is Nanny Carol and the lady just closing and locking the door to make sure we aren't disturbed is Nanny Carole and we are known as the protectors of the young, the protectors of Elf's and above all else we are employed by Father Christmas to make sure nothing happens to these young people. Collectively we are known as the Nannies and believe me young man you do not want to mess with us." Said Nanny Margaret wagging her finger in Pierre's face.

Gabriel nudged me and smiled "Watch this" he said "They are just getting started"

"I don't acre who you think you are, you are trespassing, this is my property and I want you to leave immediately do you understand". Pierre said puffing his chest out and point his cane towards the door

"Excuse me but did your mother not teach you any manners?" asked Nanny Carol walking towards the middle of the room "I shall not be spoken to like that" she said crossly

"Ah look Reindeer" said Nanny Carole walking towards them ignoring Pierre's men who didn't know hat to do. To be honest we were all kind of standing there watching what was going on as well. The Nannies turning up was as big a surprise to us as it obviously was to Pierre and his men.

"Now you apologise to these nice young elf's for the way you've treated them and all will be forgotten" said Nanny Margaret pointing at Pierre

"Madame I don't believe you understand what's going on here" spluttered Pierre his face going a bright red as he tried to regain control "This is my building, these are my crew, these people are my hostages and those Reindeer are tied to a bomb that fi your friend there touches them will blow them up. Do you understand me?" His voice getting higher and higher as he spoke.

"Oui, Oui, but to be honest I don't really care about any of that. All I care about is whether you've eaten? are you a little hangry young man?" Nanny Margret asked cocking her head to one side

"I beg your pardon?" Pierre spluttered

"Hangry? You know angry and hungry? You do look a little peckish, when was the last time you ate?" Nanny Carol was moving closer and closer to Pierre the whole time whilst Nanny Carole was now untying the gags from the Reindeer's mouths.

"Hangry? Hangry I'm not Hangry Madame I am furious that you think you can just walk in here and start telling me, the great Pierre, what to do!!" He slammed his cane into the floor and stamped his feet at the same time.

"Anyone else hungry?" asked Nanny Margret completely ignoring Pierre now as if he was a toddler having a temper tantrum

The other Leprechaun's looked at each other then at us then at the Nannies, stunned into silence they weren't sure what to do next

"I'm a little hungry" said one at the back quickly regretted it with the look Pierre gave him

"Well I am" he said shyly trying to hide behind the others in front of him

"Well come over here then" said Nanny Carol placing a basket of food on the floor "There's plenty to go around, come on don't be shy" she said waving him over

"Stay where you are!" shouted Pierre "Don't you dare move do you understand me!" he was pacing up and down the banging his cane on the floor with every step, he was losing control and he knew it yet he didn't know how to stop it, which made watching it even funnier

Suddenly Pierre stopped and bowed his head, standing stock still and not moving an inch he stared at the Nannies as if he was trying to control their minds with some sort of mind trick.

"Oh ignore him" said Nanny Margret popping a roast potato in her mouth "Wow these are delicious, anyone else fancy one?" she said placing some on the plate of the Leprechaun now sitting in front of her.

She started to wave the bowl around and slowly the Leprechaun's moved towards the food on the floor that had been spread out on the blanket.

"I said stay where you are!" screamed Pierre at the top of his voice

"I've just about had enough of your bad manners" said Nanny Carol striding towards him "If you raise your voice one more time I will put you across my knee do you understand! No stop all this nonsense and sit down over there like a good boy and have something to eat." she pointed to a space on the floor next to the others

"A good boy? Madame really do you....." but he never got the chance to finish

"I told you I don't care" snapped Nanny Carol "Now go and sit down with your friends and eat before I really lose my temper". She pointed at the others "Go on now I wont tell you again" she said

Pierre unbelievably started too slowly walk towards the others and sat down next to them on the floor. Nanny Margaret and Nanny Carol started to hand out food whilst we all just stood there open mouthed watching them all eat. It was the strangest thing Id ever seen. Not moment's ago we had been in real trouble, held captive by Pierre and his fellow Leprechaun's and now here they all sat surround by the two of the three Nannies eating food and completely forgetting we were here.

"If anyone would care to help me that would be great" called Nanny Carole from the far side of the barn. "I've managed to loosed the gags from around their mouths but they are tied to some kind of box that appears to be counting down to something" she said bending down to the box that was attached to the wall.

Jacob and Jack ran over to her and started patting Vixen and Cupid, whispering to them to make sure they were okay.

"What just happened?" I asked Gabrielle smiling broadly

"I've never seen anything like that" said Michael shaking his head

"Incredible" said Reece looking at the scene in front us, the Leprechaun's and Pierre stuffing their faces with food.

"That's the power of the Nanny's for you" said Gabrielle laughing, "Most of the Leprechaun's have never had anyone tell them what they can and cant do. They have leaders who give orders, but when that leader is challenged they don't know how to react to it. They get so confused that if you are stern enough you can bring them under control quite quickly, especially if you have the power of the three Nannies" he laughed

"Sausage roll Sammy?" called Nanny Carol

"No thank you" I replied smiling. I was still full from earlier

"They are okay and not in too bad shape. They are wanting to get home and prepare for Christmas Eve as fast as they can" said Jack

"Is the wiring the same?" I asked walking towards them

"Yes it is unfortunately, it works the same way we have to make sure that we unplug them all at the same time otherwise well lose them all" Jacob said joining us

I nodded and thanked him I knew there was no more we could do now we had to find the others.

"Sammy Ill stay with them" said Billy patting me on the shoulder

"You sure?" I asked

"Yes its partly my fault they are here in the first place so I want to make sure I am at least doing all I can to make amends for that" he said sheepishly

"Okay Billy thank you I appreciate that" I said placing my hand on his shoulder and gently squeezing it to reassure him.

"Let me tell you what you need to do" said Jacob walking him over to Cupid and Vixen.

I walked back towards the door and slowly unlocked it, watching as the Nannies continued to feed the Leprechaun's, Pierre had removed his hat at the insistence of the Nannies and was now being  fed another roast potato by Nanny Margaret.

"Sammy?" said William handing me his phone "Its Laura she said its urgent" I could tell by his face that something was wrong

"Hi Laura, what is it?" I asked nervously

"Sammy, we've just received information that the leader of the Leprechaun's in London has been kidnapped by three local men and is being held in a pub in London. If we don't get him back within the next 12 hours they are going to ship him off in a container and all hope of finding the Reindeer will disappear with him. You have to get to London straight away and rescue the Leprechaun before its too late, there will be a contact to meet you at the pub where he's being held. He will have more information for you when you get there" She said urgently

I stood there and ran my hand through my hair listening but not saying anything to Laura on the other end of the phone.

"Sammy did you hear me?" she asked impatiently.

"I did Laura I did, Tommy round the rest of the team up were going to London" I said ending the call and handing the phone back to William.

To be continued......................................


No comments:

Post a Comment