Friday 1 October 2010

Sammy The Elf Week 2

Hi there and welcome to week 2 of my diary. Its been a busy week so far with lots happening. So just too recap from Week 1. I got a letter inviting me to help Father Christmas at the North Pole. My best mate Tommy was asked as well. I had just gone to bed the night before we were due to leave. Do you want to know what happened next? Then read on as I tell you about Week 2. Love Sammy x

Friday 24th September

I was so excited when I woke up this morning. I was ready and dressed by 4.05am. Mum couldn't believe it. To be honest neither could I!. I even helped her get Johnny ready. Well I say helped, I took his Nappie off and he looked me straight in the eye then wee'd all over me. Yeah thanks little brother. I had to then go and get changed. I helped Dad pack the car and we started the drive to where the coach was picking us up. It was the biggest coach Ive ever seen and bright green as well. It took up most of the road that it was parked in and had Elf Transport painted down the side in big black letters. Tommy and his family was already there, bags packed onto the coach and everything. There was another 2 families on the coach before us, a young girl with blond hair called Laura and her brother Reece and another family with a boy and girl called Michael and Grace. They were very quiet and didn't say much. Me and Tommy ran down the corridor of the coach to the back seats, closely followed by our mums, as our Dads sat at the front. An old Elf that can only be described as having the biggest nose Ive ever seen, came onto the coach and said that everything was packed and we were ready too leave. Johnny was going nuts, he kept looking at the Elf's big nose and licking his lips and smiling. Mum really struggled to keep hold of him. Me, oh of course I would have let him go and have a go at it, it was massive!!!. Anyway when the door closed the Elf with the big nose started to talk " Welcome to Elf transport, we will make sure you arrive safely at your destination. We have a few surprises for you on the way, but firstly I need to tell you this. The coach will become invisible to all of those who are not Elf's. We will drive around the country for a few days first, to make sure we are not being followed, after all its important that the Humans don't find out where we are going, they've been trying for years but still haven't worked it out yet. When we are sure we are not being followed we will then head off onto the next stage of our journey. Please make yourself at home" and with that he flicked a switch and OH MY GOD! Sorry you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out I'm off.

Saturday 25th September

Sorry I didn't explain yesterday it was just too amazing for words. When the Elf with the big nose, Johnny is desperately trying to get at it but Mum wont let him, flicked the switch the inside of the coach changed. All the seats disappeared and telly's appeared with games consoles attached, there was a bar for the parents with helpers and these HUGE black leather sofas as well. Me and Tommy spent hours on these playing the other kids. Grace has took a shine to me and Laura has taken a shine to Tommy. They wont leave us alone. EEEUURRGGGH! Girls and all that kissing thing, no thanks matey get enough of that from Mum.The Elf with the big nose it turns out is our tour guide. His name is Ben and he has been picking up the Elf helpers for nearly 30 years now. He was alright actually, although he wouldn't come near Johnny at all, which annoyed Johnny I'm sure he wants a good old bite of that nose. Once we had all settled onto the coach Ben started to tell us about our journey. Apparently we need to stop off at Ireland, then Greenland, no idea where that is so don't ask me, and pick more people up, before we then start the final leg of our journey to the North Pole.This is going to be one LOOOONNNNGGGG journey.

Sunday 26th September

After two days of smiling and trying he finally did it today. Johnny bit Ben's nose. Well I say bit, it was more of a sucking thing actually. Mum fell asleep and Johnny being bored, managed to slide down off of mum and crawl along the coach. He made his way slowly along the floor, waited to make sure Ben was asleep and then began to crawl up his outstretched legs. How do I know this? Well Laura saw it and nudged me. We both sat there watching in awe at how quietly and quickly Johnny made his way up Ben, who was so deeply asleep he never felt a thing. Johnny placed his hands on Ben's ears and then with a smile slowly opened his mouth as wide as it would go and lowered his mouth onto Ben's nose. He then started to SUCK his nose. Ben's eyes opened in fright to see a pair of eyes up close and personal. He let out a huge scream and jumped up which woke everyone else up as well. Mum ran down the coach yelling at Johnny to let go, Ben was yanking at his arms to get him off, Johnny just held tighter and tighter. I had tears rolling down my face I couldn't help it. Eventually Johnny let go with a huge grin on his face. Ben's nose was bright red as well and he wasn't happy you could tell it in his face. Mum told Johnny off but he had a satisfied look on his face, very pleased with himself he was. Ben mumbled something about assault and Mum pretended not to hear him. I think Johnny has a taste for this now!.

Monday 27th September

After 3 days of driving around the country, making sure we weren't being followed apparently, we reached the coast. We all got out to stretch our legs for a bit. The families on the coach had started to make friends with each other. The Dads had been drinking a few beers and talking about the up and coming Elf World Cup and who would win it, the Mums were busy talking about how proud they were of us and what Father Christmas would be like. Whilst me and Tommy had made friends with Michael, Laura, Reece and Grace. They were alright actually, Michael had the blondest hair Ive ever seen it was all over the place, he was good at the football games and kept beating me and Tommy, Grace had dark hair and a pretty smile, although she kept trying to hold my hand, what is it with girls? Reece had dark hair and liked making Johnny laugh, although he hasn't let him suck HIS nose yet, and Laura who had been my partner in crime whilst watching Johnny the night before and also tried to kiss Tommy every chance she got. It was really funny watching him trying to get away from her, she wouldn't leave him alone. At one stage Tommy hid inside one of the settee's it worked for a while until one of the Dad's sat down and nearly squashed him. We were all excited about what lay ahead and the thought that we would all be working for Father Christmas. After a while Ben called us all back onto the coach and told us to be prepared for a surprise. We all got back on the coach as quickly as possible not sure what too expect. What was it? You'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

Tuesday 28th September

Okay are you ready for this? Are you excited about what the surprise was? Well when we all got back on the coach we all had to sit in our seats very quickly. All the seats had reappeared and it was like it was the first time we got on it. No telly's, no bar and no leather settee's just rows and rows of seats. Ben then pulled a lever and all these seat belts suddenly appeared. We had to strap ourselves in tightly and sit very, very still. Then Ben turned the lights off and pressed another button, there was a loud clunking sound and all of a sudden wings appeared on the side of the coach. Me and Tommy looked at each other with huge grins on our faces. The coach FLIES, yep it FLIES. How cool is that! Me and Tommy were very impressed I can tell you.

Wednesday 29th September

We flew over the sea and me and Tommy watched as the waves ebbed slowly below us. This was so exciting. It felt like forever we were in the air but it only a couple of hours, we didn't want it to end. We reached Ireland too quickly, as we wanted the flight to keep going. Well we did but some of the Dads had started to go a shade green in the face. I don't think the beer they had all been guzzling went well with flying, and watched out the window as the sea became, sand, the sand became grass and we gently touched down. Laura and Grace gave a little cheer when we landed, I'm not sure they liked it too much. Ben came up to Tommy's and my Mum and talked to them quietly. He didn't stand too close as Johnny was smiling at him again. That baby never gives up does he.

Thursday 30th September

We drove through the night again, I couldn't sleep I was too excited. All of the seats had disappeared again and were replaced by beds. The best beds in the world though, the fluffiest pillows, the warmest sheets, the thickest duvets, I didn't want to get up in the morning. I had to though as Ben kept flicking the switch and changing the coach back again. If I stayed in bed any longer Id have disappeared into the walls, Grace threatened to kiss me if I didn't get up so as not to encourage her too much, I was up like a shot, no more kissing if I could help it matey. Apparently we were going to a small village in the middle of Ireland where we were going to meet another family of Elves and something called Leprechaun's? Nope never heard of them either. Apparently they are a distant relative of ours and they will be helping us re-fuel and we will spend a few nights with them before we pick up the final family in Greenland. I had a look at a map today, that didn't help me though as all the country's were green. How am I supposed to tell where Greenland is if they are all the same colour. Oh well I cant wait to meet the rest of the Elves and the Leprechaun's now. See you next week. Sammy x

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting into this Tony, hurry up next week lol x

    ReplyDelete