Saturday 18 December 2010

Sammy The Elf Saturday 18th December

Hi there it was time too try and put the plan into action. Would it work? Read on too find out. Love as always Sammy xx

After I left Rangs place yesterday I made my way back too the factory. No one had noticed I hadn't made the morning shift as James had covered for me. At the end of the shift he came over to me and we arranged too meet that night  as Rang had asked me to do. I went too his house and we came up with a plan that we would put into action today. It was risky but we didn't have a lot of choice, if this was going too work I had to make sure that I did exactly as he told me. I agreed and waited for the right moment before our plan sprung into action.

As I started work on the conveyor belt this morning I noticed that there was defiantly something not quite right with the people I was working with. I hadn't noticed it before as I had been too preoccupied with what had happened too Jack and Tommy. They all had a glazed look in their eyes, like they were in some sort of trance. That was the reason why they couldn't see what I saw, which was the whole factory over run with leprechauns. For every three Elf's there was a leprechaun. They moved around us, knowing that we couldn't see them, well apart from me and James anyway and they were pulling bits of off the toys, they weren't coming out of the workshops incomplete they were breaking them when they got the chance. That's why the toys were broken. It began too make sense now. Elf's were very careful in the way that they made things, they took care to make sure that every toy was perfect. This had got to be something to do with Carl and that Toys R Us deal. From what I knew Father Christmas only made enough toys to go around, but here since he had been gone they were making more than they needed and were going to sell them for profit. If the Elf's knew what they were doing they would be appalled, but of course they didn't have a clue, not while they continued too eat the food from the kitchen that had been drugged. It was time too put our plan into action.

I waited until James had started to walk up and down the aisle and when he was just about close enough I picked up a toy and put it into my dungarees, this was the only way it could work, and I had to do it right first time there were no second chances. James saw me and came running over shouting at the top of his voice, this was it.
"Sammy what do you think you are doing?" He yelled
"Nothing" I shrugged
"Did you just put a toy in your pocket?" He was really angry and the other Elf's stopped what they were doing and stared at me, a look of shock came across their faces as they all looked at me. I could feel their eyes burning through me, this wasn't going to be pleasant at all.
"No" I answered
"Don't lie to me! I saw you do it"
"I didn't" I could feel tears welling up in my eyes this was a little too real now
"Yes you did don't lie, Elf's don't lie Sammy. Come with me right now we are going to see Devel right away" He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the staircase that led too the chief Elf's office.
I struggled a little to make it look convincing but I could see the other Elf's whispering as I was pulled away from them. As we reached the stairs James made me walk in front of him. He stomped up the stairs making as much noise as possible. As we reached the door at the top of the stairs he whispered in my ear.
"Sammy your doing brilliantly, now this is going to be the hard part, you have too keep this going lad"
I half nodded trying not to bring more focus on me than there already was.

As we walked along the corridor, past all the workshops that had been so busy the last time I had come this way, I noticed that all the Elf's had stopped working and were staring at me. If this didn't work I was going to be the most hated Elf ever. Then if it did work I would still be hated but I could out it right at a later date. Well that was the plan anyway. We reached Devel's door and James knocked loudly on it.
"Come in" Devel called from the other side of the closed door.
"Wait here a moment" James said as he entered the room.
He was gone for a few moments when the door opened again and James told me too come in. Devel was sitting on the other side of his desk a look of pure anger on his face. I had too get this right now, it all depended on me.
"Sit down boy" He said sternly
I did as I was told.
"Is it true? Do we have a thief amongst us?" He looked me straight in the eye
"I didn't mean to" I started too cry.
"Sammy how could you? You of all people? Why did you do it?" There was no kindness in his tone though
"I'm sorry I wont do it again" I sobbed
"That's not good enough for me" James said he was standing behind me I could feel his breath on my neck
"Well I'm sure we could let him off this once, couldn't we?" Devel knew the rules but he didn't seem too want to follow them.
"No we cant. Rules are rules and Devel you know what they are and they must be followed" James said sternly
Devel seemed to be thinking hard as creases appeared on his forehead. The last place I'm sure he wanted too send me was to the kitchens but that was the punishment and he knew it.
"Well?" Prompted James
"Yes you are right James, rules are rules and they cannot be broken". Devel stood up from his chair and leaned on his desk placing his hands face down on the smooth wooded top.
"Sammy, if an Elf ever tries too take a toy from the production line, they take a toy away from a child. Do you understand what that means?"
"Ill put it back" I pleaded
"No I'm sorry that wont do. By taking that toy you tried to stop a child getting a present for Christmas and that cannot be allowed too happen. Your punishment will be as follows" He stood up straight now placing his hands behind his back. "You will spend the rest of your time here in the kitchen peeling potato's and washing dishes. When Christmas Eve comes you will be expelled from here forever and be known as a common thief. You will return to the human world too live amongst them and you may never return here again. Is that clear?"
The tears fell freely from my eyes and I nodded my head
"Very well, James take him away from here for the rest of the day. He can stay at your house. Tomorrow take him to the kitchens where he will work for the rest of the time he is here"
"Yes Devel, you have done the right thing" James replied
"Very well that will be all" Devel walked around the desk and opened the door and waited for us too leave. I kept my head low as we walked out.

James walked me through the factory and I pretended too sob as we went, I could feel all the eyes on me once again. It wasn't a great feeling I can assure you. Once we were outside we moved quickly too James house and once inside I started too relax a little. James had a huge grin on his face. It had gone well.
"Sammy, well done lad, well done that went like a dream" He smiled broadly as he said it
"Yes it did go rather better than I expected" I smiled back
"He didn't want too send you in there did he? You could see it in his face. That is one conversation he wont want too have with Carl." He laughed loudly as he said it
I laughed as well, for the first time in a while and it felt good. We had caused a Carl a problem but one that he couldnt deal with for now as it would ruin his plans.
"Well the hard work starts tomorrow Sammy, its up to you now Ive done my part."
"Yes I know, oh by the way I know where the switch is for the secret room where Tommy and Jack are as well"
"Wow you are a smart one aren't you?. Where is it? I had a quick look but I couldn't see anything."
"Its by his chair on the corner of the desk. There is a small black button there. I guess you press that and it will open the door"
"Well how are we going too get in there again?" James asked
"Leave that to me" I smiled " I have another plan for that"

To be continued tomorrow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment