Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Mirror

What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you notice the lines around your eyes? The greying hair? How you've aged? Or do you see the person you have become and not the person that you wanted to be? Have you given up on your dreams? Your hopes?. So many questions we ask ourselves when we look, really look into a mirror.

These past two years I've met and worked with a lot of people who have hate in their hearts. For some reason or another, I have been sucked down to their level and I have allowed myself to be affected by them, and their behaviour. They have made me give up on my own dreams and hopes and whenever I've looked in a mirror I don't recognise the person who was looking back at me.

Gone was the smiling face, the 'I don't care' attitude. Replaced by someone who just wanted to hide away and just get through the day. I've been accused of some awful things, Things that were no proof to but hey someone said it so it must be true right? I mean after all isn't that what we do everyday on social media anyway?. I've been put through stress so bad I wanted to curl up and not wake up the next day. But I did, I had to. For my family. Not for me. For them.

Why do we allow people to  make us feel this way? Why do we allow their negativity to seep into our own lives and affect the way we live it. We stop doing things that make us happy because we feel we don't deserve it and yet by doing so they win. We don't live we exist and there's a huge difference between them both.

Its time to start living again, its time to start doing things that make you happy and sod everything that other people say because they just don't matter. If you want to write a book then write a book. It doesn't matter if you never get it published you did it. Let your family read it, post it on a blog, it doesn't matter it made you happy. If you want to sing a song and post it on YouTube then go ahead and do it, and if people say they think you cant sing so what it made you happy. It was something you wanted to do. If you want to tell someone you love them then do it. You never kn ow they may say the same back.You have to take a chance. Start living your life and stop existing.

There are always people who will dislike you, there will always be people who will tell lies about you, there will always be people who will do all they can to make your life a misery if you let them. You have to be strong enough to say no, I wont be dragged down by you, I'm better than you. I'm going to do what makes me happy now and if you don't like that then so what you don't matter to me. It may not happen straight away it took me months to get to this place but I'm here now and I'm never going back.

If you are reading this today then do something right now that makes you happy, Be it a phone-call to someone you haven't spoken to in a while, a favourite song that makes you want to sing your heart out, a cuddle with the kids, whatever it is just go ahead and do it. And keep doing it day after day. Do what makes you happy. Ignore the negative people because you wont ever change them and that isn't for you to do. They have to want to change and if they don't then leave them behind.

You have to start living before its too late. You were not put here to exist, you were put here to live and if you do as I've suggested I guarantee you will start to live your life and be happier for it. Do something that makes you smile and let me know what it is. Ill post the responses and well create a swell of good feeling. Perhaps well encourage others, who knows? If we don't try things will always stay the same.

I'm going to finish with one of my favourite quotes and I listened to this every day over the past few months as this is what got me to where I am now. Thank you for reading and good luck.

The world aint all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty place, and I dont care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it isnt about how hard you get hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forwrad. Thats how winning is done.          Rocky Balboa

No comments:

Post a Comment