Sunday 10 October 2010

The Big Interview........who's turn is it this week?

This week is the turn of Paul Kirkpatrick. Paul goes by the name of Nelson on the Daggers forum and was the co creator for the original Digger Dagger which due to time constraints he doesn't update anymore. However it is full of really interesting articles and history about Dagenham and Redbridge. Paul is another who has always been willing to help me out when Ive asked him and this is my turn to say thanks to him. Enjoy your moment of glory Paul. If you wish to have a look at a great website its here http://www.diggerdagger.com/


Who Are Ya?

Nelson from the forum - A former regular at Victoria Road who doesn't get to anyway near as many games as I would like - Life and the M25 prevent me from getting to as many games as I used to.

Favourite decade?

Football - probably the 90s 'cos I saw more games. Music - 60s. Films - 80s.

Your Favourite toy as a child?

Probably my trusty ZX Spectrum. I used to love playing Football Manager, Match Day etc. (usually edited to put the Daggers in there) and getting annoyed by adventure games like The Hobbit. Happy days.

Worst Ever Haircut?

Of mine? Anything prior to about 1999!!!

If I could do anything other than the job you do at the moment, what would it be?

I understand there's a vacancy at Top Gear for a new Stig...

Most embarrassing moment ever?

Falling down the terraces at Chesham United whilst celebrating Dagenham FC's unlikely last minute win one season would be up there!!!

Favourite Film and album of all time?

Boring, I know, but probably the Godfather or The Italian Job but I also love Up The Down Staircase which nobody has ever heard of.
Favourite Album Of All Time?
As for a favourite album, that's a tricky one because my tastes change depending on my mood. However, there are two that really stand out for me - Eye of the Storm by Roger Hodgson (formerly of Supertramp) is an excellent collection of intelligently written and beautifully arranged songs that I listen to on a very regular basis. The other is Tales of Mystery and Imagination by The Alan Parsons Project. From Orson Welles wonderful spoken parts to the clever reworking of Debussy on The Fall of the House of Usher, it's as near to perfect as any album I've heard."
Worst Job Ever?

Working as a courier for DHL (Securicor Omega Express as they were then) whilst I was training to be a driving instructor was pretty grim.

Favourite place in the world?

Venice - It may seem strange for a confirmed car nut to choose a place without cars, but there is truly something special about Venice. It has a faded beauty unlike anywhere I've been.

Finally, tell us something we don't know about you?

My company sponsor the Slough Town away shirt!
 
 

Thanks Paul for taking part and remember if you want to then please email me at anthonyhodgson1@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment