Sunday 12 December 2010

Sammy The Elf Week 12

Hi There Sammy here. Well we have started the final part of our journey, the place we were meant to be all those weeks ago. Father Christmas's village. Cant wait too get there now. Enjoy it Sammy xxx

Friday 3rd December

Today was a day of surprises and sad goodbyes. When we had had packed all of our stuff up we opened the door and there was a huge crowd of Penguins too meet us. The King and Queen stood at the front smiling at us as we stood there in shock with our mouths open.
"Sammy, Tommy, Jack, we just wanted too say goodbye and wish you well on the final leg of your journey" The King said as he walked towards us.
"Well thanks its been a pleasure meeting you all" I replied
"Yes it was a different experience I must admit" Jack half smiled as he said it, the hurt he felt over the past few weeks was still a little raw for him. He had been blamed for many things in his past and this was just another thing that had happened to cause him pain.
"Jack I understand your annoyance but believe me you will find the answers that you seek on the final leg of your journey" Frank emerged from the crowd and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"Its okay Ive been blamed for many things I didn't do down the years" He lowered his head as he spoke
"Believe me you will find the answers that you seek. I promise you that" Frank smiled as he said it. Was there something he knew that he wasn't telling us?
"Its time too go boys, only this time you will have too make the journey by foot, the Dragons cant fly that well in this cold weather and there is something I need them to do for me first. They would only hold you up"
Puzzled a little I looked at Frank but he had already turned and started too walk away from us.
"Now boys take this with you, this will lead you too your final destination" The Queen handed us a map. "All you need to find Father Christmas's village is on that map. Follow the route we have marked for you and you will be fine" She smiled sweetly as she said it and kissed each of us on the cheek.
"Boys, I cant thank you enough for what you have done but now its time for you to be on your way" The King shook all our hands as he walked up to each one of us.
"Well then Sammy, I suppose its time we left" Tommy and Jack had started too walk through the crowd.
I followed them slowly at first and turned around a few times as I saw the Penguins waving and smiling at us they grew smaller and smaller in the distance. I looked up to the sky and saw the Dragons flying above is. What was it with Frank? There was something about him that made me feel very calm whenever he was around. One day I may ask him who he and Elsie really were.

Saturday 4th December

We walked for what felt like hours. The landscape around us was pure white. It snowed a few times and was very cold. We unpacked the special stone only this time all we had to do was rub it in our hands too get the house too appear. In a flash as I placed it in the snow after it had begun too change colour the house appeared. "Sometimes" I thought to myself "There are some great benefit's too being an Elf, and this was one of them". I opened the door and walked inside closing it behind me, glad of the warmth.

Sunday 5th December

I didn't have a very good nights sleep last night. I kept having thoughts running through my mind about what we had been through and tried too make sense of it all. Everything we had been through, from the kidnapping, to the escape and meeting Frank, Elsie and the Dragons, through too the Penguin King and the trail it seemed that it was all supposed to be. It seemed like this was the journey we were supposed too take, it seemed like someone had planned this for us. I couldn't be sure though and rather than worry the others I decided too say nothing and keep these thoughts too myself.........for now.

Monday 6th December

According too the map we were now one day away from our destination. One day away form seeing our parents again. One day away from starting our new lives as Father Christmas's Elf's. Me and Tommy couldn't wait as we walked through the snow, it was all we talked about. Jack however was very quiet. When we stopped for a break he wandered off a little way away from us. Tommy gestured that I should go and talk to him. I must admit I was worried about him. I got up and walked towards him, he didn't turn around as I approached him he just kept staring straight ahead, deep in thought.
"Hey Jack, whats up?" I stood beside him but he didn't look at me
"Sammy the closer we get to Father Christmas's village the closer you get to your family, which is great for you and Tommy, but me, what do I have left after this is over? Do I go back to Ireland selling 'Gold at the end of the Rainbow maps' is that all Ive got left now?"
"Jack you can always stay with us" I said
"Really? Sammy you know that isn't possible, after all the things that happened when I was there last time, there is no way they would have me back. Sammy the closer we get to the end of this journey, the closer it gets to being the end for me. I cant go back there, Ill join you on the way there but as for me that will be the journeys end"
I looked at him and could see that there was no way I could persuade him too stay. Not yet anyway, but I was sure that we would need Jacks help one more time before this journey really did come to an end.

Tuesday 7th December

We stood there a little confused. According to the map this was supposed to be the gates to the village but there wasn't anything there. Where the village should have been it was empty. A huge open space but nothing, not a thing. Where on Earth had it gone?

Wednesday 8th December

Okay we have escaped from Carl twice, flown Dragons, been on trail and met some great people. However the one thing we cant do by the looks of it is read a map!!!. We have managed too get lost, not by a lot, only about 3 miles. I blame Tommy myself, whilst me and Jack was writing our names with yellow snow (ask your Mum and Dad, on second thoughts ask your Dad), Tommy held the map, and it appears that he had it  the wrong way round. After much arguing and finger pointing, we have found the right way and have now set off in the right direction and should finally get there later today.....we hope!

Thursday 9th December

Okay we found it and to be honest we weren't disappointed. Ive not got time too tell you all about it now though. You'll have too wait until next week. All I can say is WOW!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment